View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jan-03-06, 16:50

Plan: low cal, low carb
Stats: 196/145/140 Female 5'6.5
BF:23%
Progress: 91%

Nancy, a good find for you! I would hate to think what the full fat coconut flour must have in calories!

Cindy, I too gained almost 10 lbs when I did my first diet break, but lost it quickly on the PSMF...it was almost all water weight.
I think the reason I didn't gain during this last break was due to all the exercise I got at the festival, and also because I didn't eat a lot of volume. One central problem is having a 'break' often means having a break from restraint and then eating way more than necessary. I think one needs to have a break from eating in any particular fashion (like restricting carbs and fats) but to retain restraint in terms of quantity. So for example I had a sweet daily, e.g. an ice cream- but kept it to one scoop, and ate it from a cup. Formerly I would have shown no restraint re volume and would have had two scoops on a cone, thus doubling the calories unnecessarily. Sort of "I'm on a diet break, so that means I can pig out." No it doesn't. This is a hard learned lesson, but coming back from this past 2 week break with only a pound gained is proof of this I feel, and so am heartened to attempt to continue in this manner.. I feel almost scared to overeat now, as I am still getting good 'full' signals and am learning to pay attention to them, and don't want to lose this.