#3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-05, 17:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 473/332/190 Male 75.6
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyaegha
Ok I've just started BACK on LC, I've tried before and fell victim to the pasta demon followed by a case of giving up. This time however I mean it :P

Good for you! I struggled starting for 4 years, now I've been going 4 months! ONce you go a month or two, your willpower to stay on this WOE will increase, as the carbs withdraw from your system!

Quote:
Anyway I have a few questions. Firstly, where can I get these keto stick things people keep mentioning in here? and when is it best to use them, some time after a meal, before? Or is there some other tell-tale signs I can look for?

You can get these at any chemist. Just ask for ketostiks. Rose is probably correct - they aren't really an advantage, but when you start out they may help you.

Quote:
Secondly, what do you do or can I do for milk. Is there some sort of milk I can use to make coffee? I'd really hate to see that new espresso machine go to waste.

Don't drink coffee! They are 'liquid cigarettes!'. If you must, I heard cream is a good substitute for coffee.

Quote:
Is there a really good LC food supplier around Brisbane? The supermarkets I have tried are all very lean on the low carb stock.

I don't know about brisvegas, but you might wanna try ordering from some Aussie online shops.

Quote:
Ooh, does anyone know of a good butcher in Brisbane with good low carb sausages?

Be aware of snags. I have found that they are addictive and they can stall you. You would be much better off eating un-processed protein.

Quote:
I'm sure I had more questions, I just can't think of them right now.

No problems, I wish you Good Luck!