#34   ^
Old Mon, Sep-30-02, 21:50
Registered Member

Plan: None right now
Stats: 150/144/130 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default Hi Carol!

You are quite right about acidity. Last year I was seeing a naturopath and she gave me a list dividing foods into two groups, those that I should avoid (acid) and the ones I should eat (alkaline). My problem is that over time I've forgotten some of the "avoids", so many different things to watch for I was getting pretty overwhelmed.

I tried to do "The Fat Flush Plan" for liver cleansing, which is sort of L/C, but in no time found myself craving "no-nos" and cheating more often than I was doing things right. I realized that any stress would push me over the edge. Lately I started having problems sleeping and having very low energy so before I knew it I'd stopped exercising and have done very little of it during the last two weeks.

I had wanted to lose at least 10 lbs. for my B-day which was on Sept. 13 and my best efforts didn't yield any results. Through reading a book about sleep I realized nothing will go right with me until I can sleep normally again so I decided to shelve the expectations and just try to be good to myself. Right now I'm just weathering my very stressful life the best I can, some days I'm good others I'm not. When I "sin" up to 5 lbs. can creep up on me suddenly due to water retention, that forces me to pay attention to what I'm putting in my mouth but for now I've given up on trying to lose.

Have you been losing since I was last here almost 2 months ago?