View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Jul-09-05, 21:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 495/444/275 Male 6'6"
BF:overload/alot/less
Progress: 23%

We need to really try to work ourselves toward the "food for fuel, not for pleasure" persona. Between the guilt and the anxiety the food causes some.

Then there those who have our disorder and purge themselves. They are looked at simpethically, but we are considered glutinous. Like we choose this, we hide our addictions in private, yet we understand that we have a problem.

Tonight for instance: I knew there was a lowcarb ice cream bar in the house freezer. I know that it is late and I have had my 20 carbs. The thing sticks in my mind, I try to busy myself with other things but it is still there. I am drinking alot of water, but the "food" causes me to not crave it, but to think I am wasting it by having it sit in the freezer. That is a bit messed up.

Portion size and de-sensitizing me to food might be the answer. Maybe a shrink to pick my brain for childhood memories on how food shaped my life. Or become one of those fitness-aholics, where my running 10 miles, with weightlifting for 3 to 4 hours will burn away those extra calories from the food. ( I understand that the first one is the best answer, with this forum being the "shrink".)