View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-25-05, 16:00

Plan: Low Carb - High Nutrition
Stats: 213/175/175 Male 72 Inches
BF: Belly Fat? Yes!
Progress: 100%
Default Atkins, what has it done to my wife?

First off I have to tell you that I’m the one following Atkins and not my wife. So far it’s worked great for me but since I'm the one that does most of the cooking, this diet has really affected my wife.

Prior to my diet she despised coffee, but now she has several cups a day with Hoods chocolate milk and 5 packets of Splenda in each cup. Instead of my small desert dish of frozen berries and she’ll have a huge cereal bowl full covered with granulated Splenda and whipping cream. At least once a day she has a large cereal bowl full of sliced apples and sliced bananas again covered with a lot Splenda. She has me buy her strawberries and will eat a pound a day also covered with Splenda. She buys cookies and will eat the entire box in one or two days. She also buys bags of candy and will polish off the entire bag in one evening. This morning she informed me that she wanted to go to the store tonight to buy bagels which I‘m sure she‘ll cover with Splenda sweetened jelly. I sometimes have a small amount of low carb peanut butter on celery but she’ll take the entire jar to her chair with a spoon and eat a third of the jar. The list goes on and on but I think you get the idea.

For myself, I usually prepare some protein dish with low carb vegetables or salad. She’ll have a serving of meat but always follows that with one of her Splenda dishes. Then fifteen minutes after the meal she’s complaining that she’s starving and is back in the kitchen. She’s also started using laxatives and takes twice the recommended dose everyday.

To her credit, she’s 5ft. 7in., 126 pounds but I’m afraid my Atkins diet is hurting her health.

Sorry for the rant.

Bo
Sponsored Links