View Single Post
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Aug-26-02, 22:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/300/195 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Sherry! I'm from Santa Rosa myself, temporarily relocated to Davis.

I went to a university where everyone is a size 8 and under. I've never seen so many tiny people in my life! After a while, I got really tired of being judged as that sort of different. I'd spent a lot of time blaming society for being discriminatory, but I realized that society will do what it's going to do and I was wasting my life waiting for it to change. In the meantime, I can't go on roller coasters, hang gliding, or horseback riding. I've recently become addicted to clothing and am tired of wearing the same old thing from Lane Bryant. I'm part of a group of people where size and looks is a big, shallow, part of the community (goth, if you're curious) and I got tired of trying 20 times harder to prove that I'm just as good. I'm also very healthy now and I want to keep it that way.

I started out about 6 months ago with Susan Powter - worked out every day, ate more spaghetti than I could imagine, and lost my depression. But it was *very* slow going, and I had a number of friends who kept telling me about low carb. So after scoffing at them for weeks (vehemently scoffing), I decided to check it out in order to get some ammunition to debunk it (and to cure that little niggling doubt that said "maybe that many people are right?").

And here I am, a victim of my own research!