View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 22:23

Plan: low cal/low carb
Stats: 235.0/215.4/165 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hi Bec,

So glad you're not letting soreness stop you! In my first week of working out, my boyfriend and I had this little joke; I would say "oooh, my muscle cell hurts!" and now it's a month later and I'm already challenging him to arm wrestle me

Well, at first I have to admit I was going on pure adrenaline, definitely not physical strength! Since then I've increased the weight I've been lifting a little bit, and that makes me feel like I am making real progress. I started out using 5 lb weights for everything, and now I use 8 pounds for everything except my wrist muscles. I also use a cable machine and I do situps and stuff, but I've noticed that everything has gotten easier. It's much easier to do the exercises once you've become familiar with them and your form is good; you're not thinking while you're doing it, except to count the reps.

I'm not doing BFL, but I am trying to build muscle (not just make those long, lean muscles that women's magazines are always talking about--what's so wrong about a woman having muscles???) and to lose major weight, so my workout is geared toward that. I mainly try to find the exercises that I like, that don't make me dread my workout. Here's a good way to figure out what exercises you hate: do all of them, and whichever ones you leave to the end are the ones you should just nix altogether.

Well I hope you are starting to feel the benefits of working out!! It sounds like you're really starting to get into it. Just remember that you probably won't see visible results right away. Your body is shy and doesn't want to show off yet!

If you want to know what I'm up to, check out my journal under K--L.

Ciao, girl!
Kypraia