View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-02, 14:17
Registered Member

Plan: High Protein/low carb
Stats: 198/190/190
BF:
Progress: 100%
Question Protein/carb drink after workouts?

Hello, I'm seriously thinking about applying the Protein Power way of eating to my life. A couple weeks ago I went zero carbs for 3 days and dropped a good 4-5 lbs. On that diet I felt energized and not like a wild animal- hungry every hour on the hour. I'm at 198 w/very low body fat but I would like to be lean at around 190. Okay, so that's my little bio, this is my first post and my only solid question. I workout out consistantly 5 days a week for 2 hours with cardio, calistenics and weights. I've read in all the muscle/fitness magazines that it's important to refuel your muscles with carbs and protein directly after the workout. In one artical they even said for low carb dieters to make sure you take in carbs right when the workout is done. That those carbs don't have the same affect as they normally would. I guess the science here is that your muscles are depleated and by taking in a good mixture of sugar carbs that they will restore glyceron levels. Does anyone train hard and/or know anything about this and it's relevance to the Protein Power? Or tell me anything?
Thank you
Alex
Sponsored Links