View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sat, May-04-02, 21:09
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/191/130
BF:
Progress: 6%

Already posted this information in my journal but thought I would post it here so I did not appear to have fallen off the face of the earth!

My plan to get back on track on Monday did not go as planned as I recieved a call from my elderly parents that my father had some complications in being cleared (cardiac) for a prostrate surgery as he has 2 100% occlusions and was being considered for a 3rd open heart surgery. This was complicated by the fact that I live 1000 miles away from my parents and also by the fact that 3 years ago my mother suffered a devastating brain stem stroke which left her in a physical condition requiring total care which has been occuring in the home with personal aids and care by my father. I will not go into all the details, but safe to say very stressfull trying to get home to make sure my mother was taken care of, making arrangements for my children and husband and work.

Well, at this time I am still in Montana with my parents but plan on being home on Wednesday. I can not wait to see my kids and family. I am working on arrangements to move my parents to South Dakota where it will be easier for me to care for them.

Needless to say, WOE and exercise have been far down on my list of priorities though I am happy to say I have not gone into any stress eating binges as I would have done in the past so that is still progress in my book.

As soon as I get home I plan to hit my WOE and exercise plan with new found vigor. Through all of the recent health issues with my parents, I have found added determination to make my health a priority. One very enlightening factor shared with me by my father's cardiac surgeon really got my attention and made the importance of health and proper nutrition take on a whole new meaning...EVERY POUND OF EXTRA FAT A PERSON HAS REQUIRES ONE MILE OF BLOOD VESSELS TO SUPPORT IT. So if I have 50 more pounds to lose that means I will have 50 miles of blood vessels that can be providing support and nourishment to other vital parts of my body. Not the fat!

Wow, what an eye opener!

Looking forward to getting back to this WOL and this forum.

Keep the faith!

Lynn