View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 16:11

Plan: SBD + Exercise
Stats: 218/211/135 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Karen, thanks for sharing,

I agree wholeheartedly about the "white knuckle ride". I don't want to feel "deprived". Quite frankly, I don't tolerate that "feeling" too well at all. So I have to approach the situation from a different perspective.

- I DO like to feel good when I wake up, mentally and phsically. (drinking too much would leave more of a guilt trip than a hangover).

-I DO like having energy and motivation to exercise regularly.

-I DO like knowing I am being obedient to my creator. (again, not abstinence, just not abuse)

-I Do like making a positve influence on my children and the decisions they will have to make for themselves.

-I DO like losing weight. (That's what started all this )

I am sure there are a few more "I DO's" (I think I will post them in my journal as I think of them. ) This brings me to the thought that for the first time in longer than I can remember, I feel like I am breaking out of the visious (sp?) cycle of: - feeling bad-do something to feel better-overeat/overconsume (alcohol) (One of the great lies I allowed into my life )-feel better for awhile-feel bad again. The beginning of the "break" was getting off the sugar! Why don't Dr.s suggest that when treating mild depression? It has made a world of difference for me!