Plan: paleo etc.
Stats: 212/199/135
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Re: C'MON FOODIE!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by liv
Hi there!!
I know what you mean about losing focus: mostly it's about losing self esteem. I think to myself that if I can't even follow a dumb diet that's written out for me to the letter I must be really lousy...
But then I think that just the efforts I make, the extra shopping, the time I take to get info ... it all means you're still on the wagon in a way (kinda hanging on) because you're only off when you give up completely!! But we aren't going to do that are we?!? We're gonna try again and again and we're gonna get there eventually!!! And be skinny (well sort of ) and mainly be able to wear what we want and not slink onto a beach in a large costume cover. RIGHT? Right!
Come on Foodie, you can do it!!! Find your weaknesses and kill them all! I found my demon: the scale! Whether it said up, stable or down, I found an excuse to cheat, so I murdered it's battery (it was a bloody battle with a lot of victims!) and I'm keeping a pair of jeans that are just 1 size too small. When I get into those I'll go for the next pair!!!
If you want a diet and motivation pal, do email me!!! I'm also going to check out lowcarbeating.com so maybe I'll see you there!!!
OK, I've finished!!
Cauliflower soup: really easy. Fry some onions, then throw in a chopped up cauliflower and some mushrooms, and broth and nutmeg. When it's done liquidize it and add cream if you like. (I personally find it a bit too rich!) Super yum!!! Good idea for the chicken soup!
BTW I DID check out holdthetoast or whatever and my calories should be about 1400/1800. On the Scardale I'm doing about 1200, so maybe I'll add some nuts ...
Keep on going Foodie!!
See ya!
Liv

Hey Liv, what an inspiring post !!!!!! Thanks, i love to read stuff like this, really motivating!

Yum, thanks for the cauliflower soup recipe!

Hey about the 1200 calories, that's really low! Great idea to add some nuts! Let me know how it goes!

Have a great day! Maybe see ya around lowcarbeating.com too! I met a couple of paleodieters there just a couple of days ago and told them about THIS place, ha! So if they show up here everybody give them a great big paleo welcome. One is a newbie and the other (Sharon) is a dedicated paleo, and i think everybody will enjoy getting to know each other.

foodie