Thread: I'm new ...
View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jun-03-01, 05:26

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default hmmmm

Thanks for the warm greeting everyone ...

Sylvie ... I never read that book, but I will look for it now. The author is giving good advice from what you have told me.

As for drinking shakes during the day, I have done that for years. As long as it stays refidgerated, you'll be OK.

Some could say that the protein sitting in liquid for so long may lose some of its value (the amino acid L-glutamine is unstable in water for long periods of time, apparantly), but that is REALLY splitting hairs.

To solve that, you can always add a teaspoon of powdered L-glu to the shake before you drink it.

Whey & flax ... in water? I remember those days (it's good for me ... it's good for me ...)

Now, I just add my flax to a Carb Solutions. Protein is protein. The only time whey is of the most benefit it right after exercise, or first thing in the AM.

Whey is VERY rapidly absorbed by the body. At other meals/feeding, you want a combination of whey/casein protein so it is absorbed slower by the body and gives you a steady relase of amino acids into your system.

Whey gives you a big SPIKE of aminos shortly after you take it.
Good for after exercise, but during the day, you really want a slow release -- until your next meal.

I could make a book out of this topic, but I think that this is a good place to stop. LOL