Registered Member

Plan: paleo etc.
Stats: 212/199/135
BF:
Progress: 17%

Quote:
Originally posted by razzle
great stuff, foodie!
Yep, I've read a lot of the links off paleodiet.com (could a person read them ALL?) and the weston price stuff. A couple other sites you might like are:
www.eatwild.com -- free range, organic meat site. They have great research, too--should be pretty easy to find the links on their home page to their extensive files
www.beyondveg.com -- click on their links to the Loren Cordain paleo articles
I read Jared Diamond's wonderful The Third Chimpanzee (evolutionary biology/sociology/psychology) last year and he had a good chapter on the advent of grain agriculture and what all it has done bad for us--not just health, but the social aspects.
great to talk paleo. good luck with your dairy free experiment--I've done it twice (6 weeks total) without changes to health or weight loss rates, so figured I had no reason to keep it up (not when there's Jarlsberg cheese in this world)...yet I'm glad I tried.

Hi Razzle! Thanks for those links. i've read brief references to Cordain but am curious and would like to find out more. Diamond's book sounds like something i've DEFINITELY gotta read.

Also, thanks for the feedback re the life less dairy If i obtain the same results i'll grab my spear (asparagus that is) and track down a nice fat wheel of baby Swiss

Foodie