View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Apr-28-01, 20:56

Plan:
Stats: 286/254/148
BF:
Progress:

Thanks all once again.

As usual heaps more info than from the Doctor's brief run down. Particularly the differentiation between Saturated and Unsaturated Fats as he just said Fats and I was wondering how I was going to cope without even nuts.

Losing weight rapidly definitely does play a part (35lbs in a little under 4 weeks) but in hindsight I'm sure I've had them for some time and have put the other very occassional (less violent ) attacks down to some strange form of indigestion. It has probably been aggravated by all the meat and cheese and the weight loss. Sad to have to slow it down but it makes the diet even easier (more carbs) and in any event, like you have previously said, its not a diet but a permanent thing so if it takes time, I have plenty of time to do it in. Anyway I'm sure life is much nicer with rather than without a gallbladder.

Also in a backward way, its proof that the diet has been working!!Also they checked all my bloods to be sure it wasnt a heart problem and whilst not specific, he said I had no risk factors. I take this to mean that the bloods were fine (and they never have been for the last five years) and my blood pressure is now lower than what it was when I was a lot younger and at my correct weight. Dont let anybody say this woe doesnt work (at least not for nearly everyone). I am now waiting on my repeat GTT and I'm expecting a dramatic improvement there as well!

Once again thanks for the advice, I'm off shopping for a range of culinary accessories and as we have great fish here, off to make some of Karen's wonderful fish dishes!!

Nicola