View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-02, 17:56

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 229/185/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 59%

Hi,
I have been there and done that SOOO many times myself, I know well how you feel
I tried sugar busters and PNP but still too many carbs and the cravings never went away.
Now i have cut all the starches and grains right out 100% it is so much easier and i have to keep reminding myself that my will power is BY FAR the strongest before I have one bite.
One bite is both too many and never enough.
You are right when you say it (sugar) is like a drug , thats exactly what it is and it is very addictive.
i used to have heaps of it at times and then feel really strange and lethargic and laze about like a couch potato, it was the carbs nothing else, they are a drug and they are not our friend.

I was doing well last year and then stress hit in a big way and I went off course and it really hit me for a 6. I got very depressed with the overload.
This same 'problem' has come up again and the other day i had to get a serious grip with an easter egg but I KNEW that wouldnt be the end of it if I ate it, and it sure wouldnt help. it would be just another problem. Its like being an alcoholic.

I know starting again is the hardest part, just do it right now and your'll feel so much better again in no time flat. I promise I always have to MAKE myself get going and I hope this time I can stay with it.
The support of this site is wonderful and helps no end and also the fact that when we want a little soother pick me up we can have a hot drink with whipped cream in it now that feels really decadent.
My best wishes