View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-02, 21:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 228/210/137
BF:
Progress: 20%
Talking

Well, Banshee....I'm glad to see I'm not the only one out there doing it all at once!!!! This is my 2nd week since my D Day of quitting. The first week, I have to admit....with doing Atkins...the kids.....and every little thing....it was hard. In fact I didn't do so well. I smoked 6 that first day *which was great compared to the 2 packs a day I was smoking*.....4 the 2nd and 3rd day....and then 1 a day for the next 4 days. Now, I can honestly say it's been a week and I have been smoke free! And along with the new WOE, I am confident that I won't gain the weight that many say you do after quitting. I feel great! I can breathe better! And I can really taste my food and savor the flavor! And thanks to Atkins I have a lot of good food I can still eat! Granted there are some things that I have to ask for forgiveness for because I sometimes still covet them! BUT! It's getting better and better all along!

I confess that I'm not doing it on pure will power alone though. I have been on Wellbutrim (which is the same as Zyban) and using the patches and the nic gum when I absolutely have to. BUT! I give all of the credit and glory to God because during those weak moments....I call out to Him and He gives me that added strength that I need!

Now, If I can start an exercise program like you, I'll be doing even better! I just want to encourage you to keep on keeping on! Don't give up and know that there is another one out there going through this with you.....not just going through it.....but praying for you as well!

I hope to hear a wonderful praise report soon!