View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-20-02, 08:45

Plan: My own
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

I'd love some Florida! I was in Palm Beach in February and it was so wonderful to just walk out in shorts! Its snowing here today so your offer is very tempting!

As for your fibre question: other plans are more carb restrictive and will count the carbs in non-starchy vegetables towards the daily allowance. SP, on the other hand, only counts the carbs in starchy foods. Because almost all veggies have a degree of fibre, other plans have suggested that you can subtract the fibre from the carb count, meaning someone on Atkins, for example, may eat 20g of carbs a day, not including fibre...means they can eat more. Because SP doesn't do this, but the carb focus is on high-fibre foods anyway, you end up with a lot more carbs at the end of the day. Depends on your preference. The reason fibre can be subtracted is that it is not digestible, and passes straight through your system, not causing insulin rise.

I think if you are happy with the plan, and it is working for you, then stick with it. If not, then consider buying some of the other books, reading up and making up your own version.

Keep it up - you're doing great!!! Feeling good is more important than the scale. Consider measuring yourself all over...you can lose inches and not lose a pound! Use the pants-o-meter to decide if your body is changing.

Lisa