Thread: Thyroid Surgery
View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Feb-10-02, 17:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 292/271/160
BF:
Progress: 16%

I was able to come home from the hospital on Friday afternoon ... but with reluctance. The doctor wished for a bit more assurance that the calcium levels would be OK before releasing me ... we agreed that if I felt ANYTHING was wrong to call immediately.

I did at midnight that night ... I was feeling numbness and tingling in my hands arms feet and legs ... could have been a sign of low calcium ... So I went to the emergency room and had my blood drawn again ... about 3:30 we got the news that the calcium level was normal ... so I went home and rested well.

Today I went to church, hosted the pastor from China, led communion and a few other parts of worship then came home and changed back into my comfy pjs ... and resting.

Everyone was amazed at how quickly I was recovering ... no voice problems at all ... in fact, my voice was a strong as ever (though I got tired quickly when singing).

Tomorrow I should resume a relaxed working pace ... I will call the doctor in the morning ... he may want to do one more calcium level on Monday ... but maybe not since all was fine on Friday night.

Thursday I get the stitches out and get my blood drawn again for thyroid levels ... I will see what happens from there.

I see the endocrinologist on the 19th.

I have been neglecting LCing since the surgery ... the hospital food, then the strong desire for ice cream, people stopping by the house with meals and chocolate cake ...

I will resume my LC woe tomorrow morning ... Myweight was as low as 232 when I first returned home fromt eh hospital ... today it was 235 ... but that's fine ...

Thank you all for your support ... I really appreciate it.