View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-31-02, 18:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/168/145
BF:
Progress: 23%
Angry Not Making Any Progress with Low Carbing and My Weight

O.K. I hate to be a whiney newcomer, but I have been low carbing for about 17 days now. I initially showed a loss of about 5-6 lbs. (if my stupid scales were right) during the first few days. Since then I've gained back 1 of those pounds :-(.

Now I'm not expecting miracles, but I surely don't want to GAIN weight AND give up my beloved carbs :-). No, seriously, I am NOT craving the pasta, rice, and sweets, so that alone is a good thing. I am sleeping more sound through the night (not having to get up to go to the bathroom) ... another good thing. I am working out with weights and doing aerobic exercise most every day. I'm not new to exercising, I've been a pretty regular exerciser for over 5 years now (I have every exercise video known to mankind :-). The thing is that I feel HUGE!!!!! AND, the other thing that has me worried is that I have one of those scales that measures body fat percentage and it has gone UP 2% since low carbing!!!! I had reasoned that maybe the lack of seeing a weight loss had to do with gaining muscle ... which would explain the pound I gained back. But, then I did the body fat thing and that had increased too!!! If I'm gaining muscle the body fat percentage should be going down! Boo Hiss!!

Sooooooo, I guess that my question here is this. Has anyone else had an initial loss and then started to gain weight back? I keep looking at that blue cheese dressing and wondering if it is going to make my weight problem worse in the end?? Someone help me out here! I've done so good sticking to this way of eating that I don't want to mess it up in a panic! I really do keep my carbs down low. So, will this weight fall off, or will I start to look like the Incredible Hulk before long? Ugh!

Thanks guys!
Debbie

P.S. I should also mention that I have consistently been in ketosis since about the third day into low carbing. I just can't figure it out.
Sponsored Links