View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-25-04, 19:00

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 220/160.4/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 99%
Talking

ARggghhh!!! I had a whole explanation here for you, and my computer ATE IT !!!!

Anyway .. it's not zucchini that you want, but Spaghetti Squash .. It looks like this ...

To cook it, you stab holes all over it (because slicing it raw is next to impossible), and you put it in the microwave for 10 minutes .. After that length of time, you can pretty easily slice it .. (of course be careful because it's going to be very hot) .. After you slice it, scrape out all the seeds, and then take a fork or a spoon and scrape out the insides .. it will come out like spaghetti, and have the texture of "al dante" ..

It'll look like this ....

I find it in the section of my grocery that has all the squashes .. Acorn, Zucchini, Spaghetti, Gooseneck ... etc .. in the veggie section ..

Zucchini will not work as a "pasta", because it is a softer squash .. However, you CAN use it for the "noodle layer" of a lasagna .. and it turns out quite nice, but again, will be soft ..

I hope this info helps, and let me know how it works .. Spaghetti squash around here (Wisconsin), isn't much more expensive than zucchini .. and right now it's coming into season ..

Good luck and let me know .. Have fun ..