#6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-02, 01:51
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
See, for you two, you are no way as *big* or *fat* or *heavy* as me. You have no idea really what it is like to see progress and movement - downward on the scale.

You know, for everyone who takes LC on, whether it be a diet or a WOL for them, the sheer mental weight that they carry makes up for the physical poundage. Even people that want to rid themselves of twenty pounds think they are fat and grotesque.

You or I may think it's scoffable - Ha! We may say. They have no idea what's it like to be 200, 300, 400 pounds. Then they could complain about being fat! For them, their 20, 30 and forty pounds are our 200, 300 and 400.

One of the reasons we use the percentage feature is because people tend to measure themselves afainst others. Percentage of goal is the great equalizer.

Quote:
I am just afraid of not having that control over myself. Does this make sense?

It does, but without risks, what have you learned? If you go completely crazy, there is always coming back, and coming back wiser. You will know your limits. Without risk, you would never have found them.

If I hadn't pushed myself into the pit of despair with my food addiction, I would never have found an iota of serenity.

That's why my sig line reads as it does.

Karen