Old Fri, Jun-25-04, 18:58
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by toni marie
Hey Built. I just updated my gym log, take a look and give me some more suggestions about how to keep at it with no equipment!

Toni.

Okay - no equipment. Well, you MIGHT consider picking up a few small dumbbells to start with. They aren't expensive, and you can do a LOT with just dumbbells, a mat, and a chair.

Your crunches you just did sound like a great way to start.

Throw in some upper body work -

Back: bent over rows, pullovers

Use a single dumbbell for this one:

Biceps: seated bicep curls
Just sit upright in a chair for these:

Triceps: kickbacks, lying tricep extensions

Shoulders: lateral raises (very light weight for these), dumbbell upright rows

Chest: flyes, dumbbell chest press

(very light weight for flyes)

and some lower body work:
Squats, Split squats, Deadlifts

Start with 2 sets of 4 with no weight. See how you feel the next day, and the day after. Increase until you can do 3 sets of 10-12 before you add ANY weight.
Hold the dumbbells at your shoulders - women have hips...

Don't alternate - do 'em all on one leg, then switch. It's easier on the knees...

Go here to see little pictures of all the different workout exercises:
http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

Rule of thumb: do three sets of 8 on everything. When you don't feel it the next day, increase the weight the next lifting day, but do sets of 6 and work your way back up.

Start with TINY little weights, and with NO weight at all for legs - you already have your body to lift, and that's hard enough. Your legs will build up FAST, but you don't want to hurt yourself.

Do a whole-body thing 3 times a week, little bit of cardio after. Do more cardio on non-lifting days, and at LEAST one entire day OFF a week.

How's that sound? Too much? Just EEEAAASE into it. Rome wasn't built in a day either.