#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-28-01, 08:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/155/145
BF:
Progress: 57%
Question Question about Running/Marathons

Hello Everyone - just joined the forum and starting Induction on Atkins today! I've done Atkins before and was successful in my weight loss and am going to start a new low-carb lifestyle today! (Both of my parents are living low-carb and have kept off 45 pounds each for over a year now!!)

My question relates to running - I just completed my first Marathon in late October. I am planning my second in April - I use a run/walk training method and my pace is extremely slow - I'm running for accomplishment, not speed or competition. I am going to start training for my April marathon but am going to incorporate speed and hill work in order to slightly increase my pace (to roughly a 12 minute mile). I had planned to start my 3-4 times weekly runs again this week - should I considering that I'm also starting Induction too? I usually run 30-45 minutes during the week, and do longer runs on the weekend.

Any suggestions, and what should I do about the belief the runners need carbs for short bursts of energy while running long distances? How can I incorporate a low-carb diet with my running?!?!

Any help is appreciated!!! Thanks -
Sponsored Links