View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 10:42

Plan: South beach (modified)
Stats: 185/153/150 Female 5' 6.5''
BF:
Progress: 91%

This is getting interesting - how do we deal with cheating and craving? I think this is again a matter of YMMV - some are able to stop alcohol or cigarettes yet have an occasional drink or smoke, other will fall off altogether with even one drink or smoke. Same with carbs, I think. Some of us can only do this clean, others, like myself and apparently lots of others, like to tempt fate, or try the forbidden fruit.

I had a mango sorbet a few weeks ago - real sugar! And real fresh OJ this morning! But I tend to use portion control when cheating. That may be the key. The South Beach book talks actually a bit about strategies for cheating - it was one of the astonishing parts in the book. One of them: Fill yourself with the allowed, and then allow yourself the desired slice of pizza or the doughnut. I am glad you felt awful and may not want to cheat again, but if so.... do it AFTER protein and fat - you will eat less, but still get the taste, and likely not wreck your body completely because the protein and fat already in yoru stomach will slow the rush of sugar into the blood and the imbalance.