#39   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 12:19

Plan: modified Dr. A
Stats: 214.5/214.5/150 Male 66 in.
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hello Martin:

Thanks for your comments.

It has been nearly two years since I first started this thread, (June 24/01).

I had just started the Dr. A. diet in March of that year and I was full of new enthusiasm for the possibility of possibly losing 50 pounds and maybe being able to stop taking the various medications for my high blood pressure and my heart.

Well it is now two years later, my weight is at it's maximum of 198 pounds; I am now taking three medications instead of two; and Dr. A is sadly dead.

Who is to be our new leader? Who is going to give us are inspiration to fight fat? Maybe our group will be able to continue to encourage each other, just as it has in the past, when everybody was saying that this diet is to dangerous. We were able to persevere thoughout that period and continue our low carb battle. Now it seems that low carb is in the main stream of diets. I just read in this mornings Miami Herald that the liquor companies are considering put the diet details on their labels to ride the current diet rage.

What a diference two years make. We have over 40,000 members, and I feel that we have lost that "homey touch".

But Martin, thanks anyways for bringing me out of my doldrums for a short period. Which leader do we follow now?

Regards

Joe

P.S. Will be heading back to Mississauga in less than a month. Meanwhile I will correct my identity and weight.