View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 11:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/259/220 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default 1adothis too!!

I have been working since the beginning of the year, I have jouned our local YMCA and have been pretty much doing my own thing. I started out concentraiting on cardio. Started with the treadmill and then went to the elliptical trainer (which by the way I really enjoy!). I would do those for at least an hour, five times a week, then if I had time I would do some weight work. After spending some time on this web site and others, I decided that weights were probably as important if not more important than cardio with weight loss. I also learned that I should try to do my workouts on an empty stomach, and also not eat for at least an hour after every workout for maximum benefit (calorie burn) from the workout.

I started reading some of the bfl, and ckd threads on this board. Although I like the idea of ckd, I don't know if I can dedicate enough time to it, so I bought the BFL book by Bill Phillips. Although he seems to advocate a low fat eating regimine, I am going to do this low carb. I also don't have enough time to workout six times a week, so I will do it five times a week, with cardio and weights every day. So I guess in essence, I am still doing my own thing but the way I do the weight training is influenced heavily by Mr. Phillips.

If anyone ever reads this and has suggestions, I would love/welcome the input.
Sponsored Links