View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 11:33

Plan: LC Lifestyles Plan
Stats: 333/240/190 Male 6'0"
BF:31.5%/26.95%/8%
Progress: 65%

Good Day!

This is a great discussion. I also don't think that 11 is too young to get started. I also have an 8 year old son who is 4'10" and weighs 144lbs. He played football for the first time this year and did great! Made the all-star team his first year! This was great for him for a couple of reasons.

1. He got a lot of exercise with practice 3 nights a week for 2 hours each night, and games on Saturday.

2. It got him thinking about his body. He didn't like the running laps part of things, or the fact that he couldn't carry the ball - he had to play the line

Because of this he wanted to lose weight and so we are all on the Atkins diet. He still has a glass of normal milk a day, and has low carb bread on his sandwich at lunch - but he has lost 4 lbs in 5 days!! He loves this way of eating - in fact - the other night we went to a BBQ place here and he was a little upset that he couldn't have Chicken Strips and fries. He ended up ordering the Low Carb Chicken Plate, which was a bowl of chopped white meat chicken in a vinegar based BBQ sauce, and loved it. He even said he liked it better than the strips.

I don't know how much he will be able to lose - I know 144lbs sounds very large for a 4'10" 8 year old, but I think his ideal weight is around 105 - he has big wide shoulders and very large muscles, and a large frame he gets from his dad.