View Single Post
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 09:21

Plan: Suzanne Somers
Stats: 580/451/165 Female 5ft 8 in.
BF:
Progress: 31%

I just want to say that this has been a wonderful read. I have learned a lot today about a disease that I've had since 1990. I'm still fighting the battle but I hope to win soon. I have an appointment next Tuesday with the Doctor and I think we're going to have a talk. I'm on Synthroid (.200). I started out low and had been increased up to .150 and I stayed at that until this past year when my Cholestrol shot up and they retested and bumped me up to .200. My weight has been out of control for a long time. I have been able to lose at times but gain it back quickly. I have had the best results on the Suzanne Somers eating plan. It's a low carb plan but does allow whole grains, fruits and veggies. I have felt much better with more energy. I still have symptoms of low thyroid even with the medication. My hair constantly falls out or breaks. I'm cold a lot or my hands and feet certainly are. I have very dry skin along with swelling, joint pain....need I go on. I guess I get as frustrated as others about being looked upon as lazy or a "closet" eater. My hubby says he should go in and tell them how I eat. He says he sees what I eat and they are wrong. My doctor wanted me to have the operation for weight loss (partial gastric and partial intestinal bypass). I thought it felt like a punishment instead of a benefit. Not being able to eat certain foods or only 1 oz to begin with, plus the scars and the risks involved. I started the SS plan in July and have lost over 70 pounds. I try not to weigh because it is difficult because of joint pain. I have lost over a size in my clothing so I know it's working. I am excited to see the doctor's face when I go back next Tuesday.

I hope all are doing well. I think more posts like this one need to be out here to inform people on the misinformation that is abounding everywhere. I have been reading the website links that were provided and I feel I am better armed to help guide my doctor in my treatment.

Thanks again......and keep the info coming. Until later...