View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 20:12

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 268.4/207.9/154 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 53%

hi Katticus

Well for some of us it does take acceptance of ones self to be able to then change the formed habits we have made over the years,,,,for me it was the constant taunting of my cousin (everytime I saw him,,,you know the `fat` jokes and snide remarks,,,,,) so i hid behind my weight and used humor to protect myself.... Finally it took for me to meet a great friend who on one of our `talks about everything` (especially husbands and cheating,,lol) was shocked when I replied that none of my friends are concerned about me stealing their husbands away from them as I am `fat` (it was a statement that even though I am happily married for 9 years,,,i just felt that I was no threat to them) she was amazed,,,,she said `` I have never seen you as fat,,,, only as a great person and fun to be with,,,,, I would be more concerned with you stealing my husband as you have a great personality and my husband and you have the same humor (we are like best friends her husband and I)...... once I had heard that,,,, something happened to me and to this day she is a rock at my side,,,, helping me lose weight and encouraging me,,,,,, just by being my friend!

Rachael xoxo

As for my cousin,,,,,, one day i will go visit him,,,, the new me,,,and I will tell him what he made me feel like all those years.............. that day is approaching faster than I ever imagined!