View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Aug-30-01, 09:44

Plan: None yet
Stats: 148/148/130
BF:
Progress:

Hi, Fiona

Thanks for your reply. I have been doing this low-carb thing now for a few weeks, and I have lost some weight. I don't know how much, but my clothes are certainly more loose.

I find it interesting that you, too, have read Fit for Life. (It seems everyone has heard of that diet.) I tried it for a while as a teenager but did not stick with it. However, I have picked up some of the principles of that approach and try to apply them in my regular diet, such as fruit in the morning, and not mixing carbs with protein.

Recently, I have been reading the Michael Montignac books about the French style of food consumption. I love that his diet allows wine with/after meals, because I have always been a believer in the good effects of wine on digestion.

I am feeling a little like you both (Fiona and Doreen) are trying to persuade me to give up vegetarianism, but I don't plan to give it up. I feel healthier now than when I ate meat, and since I stopped eating meat, I have lost about 15 pounds.

However, I have found that I am able to do this low-carb diet without eating meat. Remember, I do eat fish, seafood, eggs, cheese, tofu, and soy products, and I can make an amazing variety of dishes when those are combined with the vast array of available vegetables and pulses. I am also a big fan of whole foods such as millet, barley, kamut, etc., which are recommended in Montignac's books.

I am always open to hear more suggestions for low-carb diets that are adaptable for vegetarians. . .

Hope to hear from you soon!!