View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-03, 00:18

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 268.4/207.9/154 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hi swirl,,,, Been there done that and got the clomid T-shirt ,,LOL,,,,i was on 5 tablets a day for the 5 days,,,, at $80 for 5 tablets that was costing me $400 for the month (I started at one tablet and gradually worked up to 5) It did not work for me,,,,,I got bad side effects on clomid too,,,,,, did not like it at all,,,, but I hope you are different......

I have not had any side effects on the metformin,,,I am on 1 tablet once a day at 1,000mg,,, everyone is different,,,,,

My best friend did the clomid thing like me,,, 5 a day for 5 days and nothing for her,,,, she tried other drugs and nothing,,, then she tried metformin for fertility,,,, she was high dose and monitored well,,,, one month later she was pregnant,,, she swears by metformin for fertility....

I want another baby but want to ge some weigt off first,,, the doctor warned me to use protection when taking metformin as its now used as a fertility drug,,,,,, needless to say we now have a large supply of condoms,,lol,,, its like a museum of them,,LOL

My first child was through IVF and I dont wanna go through that emotional test again...... thats why I am trying to get my weight down.

For me the metformin helps me alot,,,, I started to stall and since starting the drug I have seemed to be able to lose good weight again....

Its different for everyone,,, and I just bought the ketone sticks,,, use them in yor urine,,, will show you if you have glucose in your system and keytones (keytones show up when you are burning fat and not burning sugar for energy) Have you tried them?,,, I use mine every morning ( 3 months supply was $18,,,cheap) I have had no glucose and traces of keytones,,, it helps you estimate how much carbs you can eat before you are knocked out of ketosis (ketones),,,,but I do need to find out more about it......

Hope all goes well for you,,pop by my journal and say `hi` sometime.....best wishes
Rachael
Sorry to rave on,,I got carried away,,,lol