View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Aug-22-01, 18:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%
Default Green Veg

Oh, dear, I think Karen and I must be assuming different things about this one. As you know, we got the idea from Stina's notes from talking to her friend, and this point wasn't very clear (obviously not your fault, Stina!). Unfortunately, Karen and I didn't spend much time on the veggie thing when we tidied up the plan! Help, Karen, where are you!

OK, my assumption is this:

--25 effective carbs, to be made up in the form of veggies only: that is, no nuts, avocadoes (I think I cheated on my first Cal Boost), tofu, protein powders, fruit, etc. PLUS reasonable amounts of coffee (we can't give that up!) and seasonings. That's about 5 cups of brocolli, cauliflower, green beans, etc. About three big servings (for me, anyway).

--I, personally, don't think there's anything particularly special about the colour green, as long as the veg is low carb. So veggies include all the usual low carb veggies, with the exception of starchy veg, which we don't eat anyway. Spag squash and other 'sort of starchy' veggies would be no no's.

--None of us are willing to give up coffee, so I'd say that coffee and seasonings are OK in moderation. Maybe an egg or two, since they're so low carb? I wouldn't want to go over 30 carbs for the day, all told.

OK, that's MY interpretation, and that's what I did (well, TRIED to do) yesterday. I suppose it doesn't really matter what we decide, though, as long as there's some sort of consensus, so we're all doing the same thing. What do others say? Karen....?

Rachel