View Single Post
  #124   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-03, 05:03

Plan: Atkins, Daily Cardio, Some weight training, Pillates & Yoga
Stats: // Female 5'8.5
BF:25.5%
Progress:

Thank you for speaking for me (us) Karen! That unfamiliar word MODERATION has NEVER been in my psyche ever. I don't do ANYTHING in moderation. Be it exercise, eating, loving, having fun. I just am not a moderation kindof gal. Which is a trait most people love in me but can get me in trouble in some areas!

The worst mistake I made on my new Dr. Atkins LCWOL was overdoing everything. I stayed on induction too long (8weeks) and (I've just recenlty learned) I've "overtrained" in my exercise routine. Getting my heart rate up too high for too long stops fat loss during exercise. Too much induction prohibits any kind of hunger so I ate too little, therefore being in starvation mode to boot. I'm loosening up and eating more veggies and other okay carbs as well as cutting back exercising about 35%. This behavior can lead to a lifetime of health as apposed to rapid weight loss or instant gratification.

I totally avoid scales by the way.....the way my clothes fit and my friends and family are better indicators of how well I'm doing!

Marg