View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 10:30

Plan: general low-carb
Stats: 194/184/145 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Welcome to the group Mr. Mel! I also have a very bad knee and the one excercise that was recommended to me by the Physical Therapist was a staionary bike. There is no weight bearing on the legs because you're seated...although it takes some getting used to for the rump. LOL. The one caution he gave me was absolutely NO TENSION on the bike. That causes more damage to the knees.

Have you considered Tai Chi or beginning Yoga? These are stretching excercises that can be done by all ages and degrees of physical condition. There are classes available almost anywhere and there are some very good tapes out for doing them in the privacy of your own home. There are also some good tapes available for doing stretching and deep breathing excercises together. Oxycise comes to mind and I know there is another one with Greer. (Help me out with the name folks!)

The main thing is to mooooove. Gently at first and work your way up. You have a challenge facing you, for sure, but that challenge is possible by taking the first baby step and then another and then another. We'll ALL be here cheering you on and giving you encouragement....it's one of the things this forum does best!

I recommend that you start your journal. That gives all of us a place to come to chat with you, get acquainted, comisserate, encourage and congratulate. Truly one of the best features this wonderful site has to offer. Directions for starting one are in the Newbie Forum.

Have a wonderful holiday today!
Nance