#2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-13-01, 21:09
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/186/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 54%
Smile hi Rachel, welcome to our forum

Yes, it is possible to do a vegetarian version of lowcarb, but it would be best if you were eating your protein from variety of sources, such as dairy, eggs, soy, wheat gluten and fish.

We had a discussion a while ago with a member who was wanting to go strictly vegan. Lots of suggestions and ideas came up in that thread, click here to read it. There are a couple of links there to vegetarian lowcarb websites.

Carb Addicts has a vegetarian option, but does include lacto-ovo - it allows for a daily Reward Meal, where you can consume carbs, but must be within a strict one hour time limit. The rest of the meals are strict lowcarb.

Protein Power also can be adapted ... and allows for a little fruit or grain now and then. But you must ensure to eat a bare minimum of 20g protein at every meal.

Just curious why you became vegetarian?? Only reason I ask, I was strict vegan macrobiotic for almost a year ..... for health reasons. I ended up being sicker and fatter than ever, yet I couldn't understand, because I was eating such "good" things .. whole wheat, rice, chickpeas and bananas! A whole lot of health problems improved when I started eating meat again.

Hope this is helpful ... Keep us posted how you're doing. You were successful with lowcarb before, you'll be successful again..

Doreen