View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 15:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 214.9/187/150 Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress: 43%
Cool I keep thinking I'll cheat, and don't!?

I can't believe this way of eating! I don't feel hungry, I get to eat lots of tasty stuff, I don't even want a piece of bread. I started this at the beginning of July and did not weigh myself at the beginning, so it is hard to say how much I have lost, although I have made progress since I did start weighing weekly, and I am a bit smaller. WooHoo! Although I am going along slowly, that is okay with me. I find it really easy to stay around 1500 cals and 20 carbs without too much thought. One problem is those pesky almonds and that cream. So...........I quit bringing cream to work and subsequently drink less coffee, as I have to go out and get it. I try not to buy almonds till the weekend, because I just want to eat them all. I haven't really "cheated" since I started, a couple of french fries and a lick of ice cream. I only think of it as cheating cause it was stuff that I am not eating now. A few times I have consciously gone well over the 20 net carbs that I am trying to maintain, but that is not cheating. Legal foods were used. Wine is legal, right?

For the last week or so, I have been thinking about having something "forbidden". I don't do it though. I just have the coffee and forgo the rest. It must be a mind set thing. Somehow when it comes to actually doing it, I don't. Who would have thought that it was that simple? Who would have thought that I would get to the point of thinking that a piece of fruit was a big treat? I think it may be time to start adding a bit more carbs to make things more interesting. Maybe I am just a bit bored and that has me thinking about granola bars and such. That's all from me. TTFN
Sponsored Links