#12   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 10:34
Registered Member

Plan: Adkins Diet
Stats: 130/122/110
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Maintenance

I am now at 114. My goal is 110. Everything is going great. I don't crave carbs at all. No chips, no yogurt (though I used to love it), no pasta, no bread, no junk food, no pie, cake, cookies, candy, no POP, no cereal. Now once in a blue moon might be ok in moderation but not on a regular basis.
I love mexican food but have sustained from refried beans, rice, and tortillas since I started this June 1. The other night, we went out to our favorite mexican restaurant. I had a beef taco salad (minus the shell), 5 tortilla chips, and a strawberry marguerita. No weight gain the next day. I find that now I can eat something I like once in a week or two and in moderation, it will not affect my weight.
I don't find this diet boring at all. I am used to monitoring how much I eat and what I eat and it comes naturally to me now. I can fix my family's favorite foods and something for me too. I eat plenty of fresh fruit-no juice!
To the person who wants to eat Cheerios-NO NO NO. Read the carbs. Slip up once and you will keep doing it. I am doing this for my health. I have a family and grandchildren, besides being an organ donor. I want to be in the best health I can be for all those reasons. If you don't have a good reason to be on this diet then forget it. You won't make it.
To everyone out there that is struggling to keep on track, make a list of good reasons you are doing this. Post it on the fridge in big letters. It will help you.