View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 17:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/170/143 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default I looove green tea

I took up drinking green tea when I realized I absolutely HAD to stop drinking so much coffee...and after reading and hearing about all the benefits of green tea, it sounded like the best option.
I've heard that the tea can help boost metabolism and eventually help you to lose weight, but personally my weight didn't start coming off from the tea alone...
Still, if you want something warm and soothing to drink that's not going to contribute to your carb or calorie count, green tea is a best bet. I saw on one internet site that its health benefits include lowering blood sugar, boosting immune system, reducing the risk of cancer, lowering cholesterol, preventing arthritis, etc. (try out http://www.green-tea-benefits.com/h...-green-tea.html).

Finally, be careful with what you add to your green tea, especially if you're LCing. I used to add honey or sugar, but no more! Plain green tea isn't the most appetizing drink, but Lipton makes flavored tea bags that taste great and have no cals or carbs. I like Orange/Passionfruit/Jasmine and Honey flavored.

Hope this helps.