View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jul-27-03, 23:24

Plan: Atkins - Maintenance
Stats: 185/150/150 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Trish,

This threads reminds me of an old adage, that "getting there is half the fun." More often than not, the journey is every bit as endearing to us as our final destination. As per the Oscar Wilde adage, "There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."

For those of us who have both reached and maintained for a while, there is no longer a need to seek answers to our questions. Moreover, once a state objective is realized, it no longer holds a place on our list of goals we deem imperative which naturally dictates we divert our attentions and efforts to "new" or "unrealized" objectives.

And finally, the novelty of starting something new wears thin with our ultimately reaching our goals bringing closure to this aspect of our lives--losing weight. For most of us who have been on here for a while, we've experienced the highs, lows, ups and downs of just about every facet of losing weight on this eating regimen; and, on top of that, I'm sure we've answered, asked, then answered again just about every qeustion and concern imaginable. Personally, these days, I read many questions I've already responded to in threads in the past. In each progressive response, I feel less motivation to respond again.

So, in my view, it only seems natural that most once having reached goal would come here less. How often would one come when he/she has neither questions, concerns, nor any need to lose weight, right? I suppose, he/she will come when there isn't anything else more pressing, which I'd imagine would be a countless plethora of things since weight loss is no longer a concern for those of us who are in Maintenance.

Regardless, I do feel an affinity for both this forum and those here since it has been invaluable for me especially during those Induction days when this eating regimen appeared so daunting and ominous. I'd like to that I'll visit here when I have some time, and post whenever I can.

Regards,

Frederick