#136   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 06:55
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Hi Everyone

I didn't read all the way back on this thread, somehow caught it by accident. But from the few I've read I feel peolple longing for bread and also in my age group - I'm 48 - quit smoking in December 2002 and gained 20lbs within a month - NEVER quit smoking when the house is stocked with turkey stuffing, nanaimo bars, 12 year old cheddar and after eights I've never gained weight like that before and never been able to not lose before - I kinda lived my life by the 3 pound rule - if you get more than 3 pounds over your ideal weight then control what you eat till you lose it - at times I even took it too far so as to be underweight. I am one who extremely lo carb dosent work for (although it did in the past - when Atkins first came out I was right on it and Stillman and did lose about a pound a day - but I was in my teens and early twenties then) The thing I missed most though was BREAD, I'm still doing lo carb - though compared to Atkins SPII is better described as controlled carb. I've found a bread that is 13 carbs and about 112 calories 4 grms fibre for two slices. In Canada it's sold as "President's Choice To Good To Be True Bran Bread. It's a small loaf in a green and white wrapper - Loblaws, Independant, Super Stores all carry PC products - and from what I read in the flyers I think that the same products are available in the US but I don't know for sure . If not some carefull label reading might turn up a similar product. I might sound strange to you but this bread saves my life - I can do without sugar, do without fat, do without protein but CAN'T live without a sandwich once in a while. (tho since I found this bread I admit I have them more often - skinny little sandwiches yes but still it's somehting you can hold in your hand and dig into)
Sponsored Links