#12   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-01, 08:26
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins mix of sorts
Stats: 174/168/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Hi, Shannon:

I didn't tell my mom about the diet, I waited until we were in the midst of one of her fantastic Sunday dinners.

The table was loaded - she had been cooking for at least two days. Around comes roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, macaroni & cheese, applesauce, jello salad and green beans. I put only roast beef and green beans on my plate. You should have seen the looks that brought!

Without saying a word she went to the kitchen and brought out what she thought was a "diet" food - cottage cheese. I didn't take that either!

Finally she asked "Are you dieting?" [The only other alternative was that I was really, really sick to turn down her great cooking!] I said yes and told her I was doing lo-carb.

Here's where I was lucky - she said that she always loses weight when she eats protein and we had a good conversation about what a carb actually was and what foods had them!

She's been very encouraging and I'm getting ready to go to her place again for dinner this week-end. She's already told me we're having steak, a green salad and green beans - amongst other things. She's doing her best to accommodate me.

Geeze . . . why wasn't she that understanding when I was 16??????? ;-)

Hang in there! She'll get the idea when she see's how well you're doing.

Good Luck!
Sandy