View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 10:19

Plan: haven't started yet
Stats: 135/145/120 Female 5'4
BF:0%
Progress: -67%

Hi teeneelove, pattip and mjose and everyone else!

My update from my Dr's visit on Wednesday:

And the saga continues.....it turns out that the latest blood test I took showed my TSH level to be slightly above normal - so a quick recap - I began my journey by getting tested due to my hair loss by a dermi who found that I had "High" levels of thyroid hormones (never found out the value) then went to my Doc and got tested to find out that I had .04 - hyper- a few weeks later after my thryoid sono and uptake scan, got another blood test which revealed that I now had a reading of 10 - hypo- and last Friday was tested yet again to find that I am now 6.0 (normal, I was told should fall between 3.0-5.0) so now as my Doc does not want to treat me prematurely (and I agree), I have to wait another three weeks and be tested again to see where my reading has settled into. According to my Doc, I will eventually settle into one extreme and it is not likely I will remain "normal" now - it is just a matter of time before I either become hypo or hyper (hypo being more probably than hyper) and so I wait - going through variations of symptoms and just recording how I feel in my diary.

Has anyone else had this exeperience of yo-yoing before being either hypo or hyper -- I don't believe this is a common occurrence but I am not sure. I am also a bit frustrated because my symptoms keep varying - sometimes I am overheated, wired, losing weight etc (hyper-like symptoms ) and other times I am very fatigued, cold, gaining weight etc (hypo-like symptoms ). Would u believe that at my last visit last month because I was hyper I lost 10 lbs and within a month (this visit) I put on 10 lbs without doing anything different!! I am seriously frustrated and bothered but all I can do now is wait!

Thanks for all your messages during my time of confusion!

Mokia