#8   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-01, 12:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Exclamation Choclate and Sugar go Together

Hi Andy. Hi Everyone.

Personally I am very - VERY VERY - wary of choclate. There are far too many promotions of chocolate {not to mention the zillion and one cookery programmes on TV} in UK, which can lead you astray - perhaps I should speak for myself … and say lead me astray. A mini mini bar of Kit-Kat contains 61g of carbs - mostly sugar. That's more than 3 (yes THREE) days allowance if u r on Induction .

There are very few (if any at all) choclate products that are safe for the carb-addict. I can stay off for months and then one little taste and I've opened a huge can of worms.

It’s all too tempting though when I see what used to be my favourite choc-snack on a special offer at one hundreth of the normal price and all the trolleys in front of me at the checkpoint are stacked with ten packs of them – I’m not the only one who noticed the bargain! It’s the psychological blackmail that the multi-billion pound Food Industry practices. I now understand it but still fall prey to it, if I relax my attitude and am not wary – VERY very wary.

Let’s face facts folks… my name is Fiona and I am a recovering carb-addict. I am discerning enough to know that when supermarkets give those fantastic prices on choclate they are hoping to keep me a carb-addict … and possibly the heatwave is causing the choclate to melt!

Take care