Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/185/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 55%
Lightbulb a SAD lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by r.mines
.... I'm not familiar with the textbook or the pedagogical approach (teaching has changed since I were a young'un, so I can't even rely on my own ancient memories)...

Rachel, I just had a thought (doesn't happen often, LOL). Why don't you use your ancient memories and take a "retro-" approach to instructing. Then sit back as the awards and accolades pour in over your NEW and INNOVATIVE thinking. Hey, it works for the fashion and music industry!!

Quote:
I should check out the negative ionizer thing. Do you think it works? I know they were all the rage in the 80's or thereabouts, but I haven't seen any in use since.

I have to use the HEPA filter when I must keep all my windows shut tight and can't get fresh air. I have to confess, I've only started turning the ionizer switch on recently. I will try to find more info about it. It's supposed to energize the atmosphere, so you only use it during waking hours.

Quote:
10 carbs a day doesn't sound like very much, especially over the long term.

No it isn't. I had intended to slowly up the carbs by 5 per day after I went off Stillman two weeks ago. I did increase my fat intake, in the form of unsaturated oils mostly - olive, flax, homemade mayo. (canola), but got carried away with cheese and dairy, as I mentioned. It was so good to have broccoli last nite, and a big spinach and mushroom omelet this morning! (Missed the cheese though) I must take a foray into my favourite natural foods store, I know they carry organic soy cheeses, including cheddar and parmesan, and as I recall, they are lowcarb too. Just wish they were low PRICE!

Doreen