Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   My Yoga Journey (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=459363)

LosingMe16 Sat, Apr-05-14 15:24

My Yoga Journey

I do not like traditional exercise, such as going to a gym (where a billion people can watch me look ridiculous) or running (my right knee doesn't like impact so much, even though I do like to run personally), so I started diving into yoga videos on YouTube about two weeks ago. Most of the days since then I have done some type of yoga video, whether it's a simple beginner's video or a yoga for weight loss (bit more intense) sequence. I am, surprisingly, happy with my choice of physical activity so much so that I feel compelled to do it every day. It seems to be helping some with the chronic lower back pain that plagues me.

Today's yoga videos:
20 Minute Yoga for Beginners with Yoga by Adriene
~15 minute video - Day 1 of 30 Day Yoga Challenge (new addition)

I might still do the 6 Minute Yoga for Abs by Yoga by Adriene later tonight.

SunnyDinCA Tue, Apr-29-14 20:32

Love love LOVE my Yoga DVD that I got!!! I purchased Yoga for beginners and beyond with Barbara Benagh. Im still on am/pm for beginners but Im in no hurry as I just love it! Like you, Its something I actually look forward to doing!!! So nice to hear it has helped your back! It has helped my posture and my sleep so much ... I love it!

LosingMe16 Fri, May-09-14 21:44

Sunny, I do a free yoga video from YouTube that I really enjoy...well not one video, but I rotate a few different ones from the same person. It has helped greatly with regards to my back pain and is already showing great results too with toning my arms and thighs. I have visible forearm muscles and the tops of my thighs have muscles that I can see too sometimes now lol!

I am at a month of daily yoga, usually doing a 40 minute Yoga for Weight Loss video. I haven't skipped a day!!! 178.6 was my low weight from a couple of months ago, but it would seem as if I might finally go BELOW that number soon. Tonight I was 179.4 before bed, which is a GREAT number for me -- I'm starting to lose again after a couple of months in the low 180s.

LosingMe16 Mon, May-19-14 20:07

Still doing yoga every day for 40 minutes. Feeling great and seeing muscle definition I'm not used to! Lol.

SunnyDinCA Mon, May-19-14 20:27

Yay!!! So very glad I tried it because like you I love it.

Is this what you are doing? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci3na6ThUJc I may hafta give it a whirl....when I youtubed it I saw Jillians video and had to giggle only because Ive heard a few mention her place is in the gym. Love that woman but will definately skip her yoga video ;)

LosingMe16 Tue, May-20-14 09:28

Yes, I rotate that video and the other 40 minute video she does that is actually a little less than 40 minutes (38 and some change). They're similar, but one works my arms a little more (the one you linked) and the other works the legs a little more (the 38 minute one). Both do a good job on abs.

SunnyDinCA Tue, May-20-14 10:02

Sweet I think I will try it when I get home from work this afternoon. After I do my am video, the "poses" are so amazing....and Im sure to learn a few more "poses" with your's. Ill let you know. Have a great day :)

SunnyDinCA Wed, May-21-14 15:10

Oh My Shoe!!! THAT was tough! So glad I did my AM yoga round first and I was nice and loose! My sessions I have been doing are a walk in the park.....BUT so glad I did yours too! I will do the other one tomorrow. Planking rocks!

SunnyDinCA Wed, May-21-14 15:18

OH my....I just realized this is YOUR gym log! I hope you don't mind me butting in. If you do....I apologize :/

Namaste! Wed, May-21-14 22:39

I saw this thread and just had to pop in! I am an avid supporter of Yoga :) It basically cured my chronic lower back pain and my depression. I practice some form of it seven days a week! I started out with restorative yoga and have since dappled in numerous different disciplines. Good for you!!!!! :)

SunnyDinCA Thu, May-22-14 01:01

Next to hiking ( I need to find a buddy ) yoga is so it for me! Its amazingly hard yet so unbelievably easy???? Never woulda thunk you were a yogi with a name like that ;)

LosingMe16 Fri, May-23-14 16:07

Yes this is a body intense session lol. I did simpler stuff for a while before this, just to get used to the routine. I do love yoga and have been doing 40min daily without fail even at 11pm sometimes. I like it a lot, back feels good, and have some seriously toned forearms all of a sudden.

Sunny, no worries!

SunnyDinCA Thu, Jun-05-14 16:06

Are you still "reaching out with Simba" LOL. Just finished session with Adrian and wanted to pop in and say hi!