Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Bread & Baked Goods (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   Almond Thins (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=189363)

BettyR Sat, Jun-05-04 11:20

Almond Thins

These things are so good!!!!! I've made sweet versions as well, they are great!!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/r...tml#post2125086

BlitzedAng Sat, Jun-05-04 14:51

I am going to try this for sure. Sounds like somthing to scoop up egg salad or my peanut butter with. Thank you so much :)
I'll post tomorrow how it turned out.

Angel

BlitzedAng Sun, Jun-06-04 13:11

I tried to make theese, broke quite a bit but who cares, yummmmm. I tested them on my toughest critic, my 4 year old. Put a lil peanut butter on and he wolfed it down.. I'd say this gets a thumbs up :thup:

Angel

PS.. I used crazy mixed up salt,mmmmmm

PecanPie Sun, Jun-06-04 14:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyR
These things are so good!!!!! I've made sweet versions as well, they are great!!

Almond Thins
posted by MiRedKitty on Low Carb Friends

1 cup almond flour
1 egg white
pinch of salt, garlic powder, & onion powder

Preheat oven 325. Mix ingredients well. Place mixture onto a well greased piece of tin foil. Spray a piece of wax paper with cooking spray and lay over top of mixture. Use a rolling pin to roll out to a cracker thickness. Gently remove wax paper. Sprinkle more salt on top if desired and press lightly into dough. Score with knife or pizza cutter into squares. Lay tin foil on rack in oven. Bake until golden brown about 10 minutes. Makes around 50 crackers.

Carb count is about 9 for the whole batch. You can also vary the flavor-use ranch powder, ground bacon bits, season salt...

These sound great, but I think the carb count is higher - 1 cup of almond flour is equal to 112 grams and 112 grams is 12 carbs. Still a great recipe though and one we plan to make as we head out for our vacation this week!

Thanks,

PecanPie Sun, Jun-06-04 19:51

Hi Again - Just wanted to let you know I made these and they are great! I actually added 2T of parmesan cheese to the mix. It upped the carbs a tiny bit but spread over 4 servings is negligble. They are great and my DH is having me make some for our trip to CA ( we leave Wednesday and he figures they will be gone by then!)

Thanks,
Pecan Pie

BettyR Sun, Jun-06-04 21:55

I'm so glad you enjoyed them, they've been a big hit on the other web site as well.

PecanPie Mon, Jun-07-04 07:58

Hi again - I was thinking last night you *might* be able to use this as a crust for a quiche, or if you put sweetner in them as a crust for a pie - or even to make sweet cookies. I think I may try this when I get back from vacation.

pecanpie

BettyR Fri, Jun-11-04 07:05

How funny, I guess great minds think alike. I just used it as a crust for a recipe of Pecan Tassies and it worked great. :D

jessicakjj Sun, Jun-20-04 20:36

I tried these crackers this evening! Delicious! Very important to peel them very gently from the foil so that they don't break.

kiwigal Wed, Jul-21-04 02:07

wheaty thins

Hi, Just wanted to say that i made these a couple of days ago, did a double batch,ground the almonds myself so the texture wasn't fine and added 1/4 c ground flaxseed and 1/4 c sesame seeds,they turned out perfect,just like wheaty crackers and passed the family taste test! merrily added to lunch boxes with a wedge of pate or brie cheese.!YUM!

jadefox26 Wed, Jul-21-04 02:09

yummmm this sounds like a really great one for going with cheese too - i miss my cheese and crackers - so i might try it too!

happy2lose Tue, Sep-07-04 12:00

I tried this recipe this weekend and they turned out fantastic! I miss the crunch of a cracker and these are great. The recipe is so simple, and has loads of room to play with. Thank you Thank you Thank you for posting...this one is a keeper!

Happy

BlitzedAng Tue, Sep-07-04 12:57

Another good use for theese is mix up 2 diced hard bloiled eggs with mayo in a bowl with salt and pepper and scoop up with the almond thins.. Yummmmmmmy change.

Angel

mandm621 Tue, Sep-14-04 12:42

Sweet version

How do you make the sweet version?

nutsnseeds Tue, Sep-14-04 12:52

I made these last weekend and they vanished - everyone wanted some. So easy and sooo good and you don't have to wonder what is in them. I will be making a double batch tonight and will try to add some sesame seeds in. I found that a little salt on top really makes the cracker! Nice recipe - thanks for posting.