Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Hit my (original) goal, THANK YOU!!!!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=127204)

fishfish Thu, Jul-31-03 23:45

Hit my (original) goal, THANK YOU!!!!!!

I am not a big fan of self-congratulatory posts, but here is another one:

THANK YOU to everyone who participates on this site, and to those responsible for creating it.

A little over 11 months ago I started this WOE. I set a goal to reach 200 lbs. by my birthday. Today is my birthday, and today I weigh 200 lbs., a weight at which I am very comfortable. I feel great! A few months ago, I adjusted my ultimate goal to 180 lbs. by the end of the year. But frankly, the goal number is not important. I am living LC as a way of life; I look good and I feel good.

I would not have had this success without this site. The technical knowledge and the moral support offered by the participants have gotten me through some tough periods. To all you strangers out there, thank you; my accomplishment is yours.

Kathy54 Thu, Jul-31-03 23:54

Well you should be so proud of yourself, what an acomplishment 90 Pounds :thup: :thup: I mean geez thats almost a whole person ! That is fabulous! I'm sure you will have no problem goin gto a new goal, we are all here for you.
:yay: :yay:

Kathy

peckish Thu, Jul-31-03 23:57

that's amazing, and so inspiring - good for you! It's the people who share their successes that make reading & participating in this board such a motivational experience.

Alina Thu, Jul-31-03 23:57

Hi!

Warmest congratulations to you! Great work!
I've seen you around and I'm happy you decided to share your success with us....
Oh, and Happy Birthday!!! :dazzle:

Take care

Alina

Arie Fri, Aug-01-03 00:09

Congratulations fishfish!!! WOW!
but I was looking all over for the bfore annd after picture, and coudlnt find them. I guess I miss them.... ;)

Skamito Fri, Aug-01-03 00:40

Heh, I was gonna ask for pics, but didn't wanna be rude... thanks for breaking that barrier, Arie. ;)

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's so fantastic. Now just imagine, by next week or the week after (whenever you weigh 199) you will have EXCEEDED your expectations! Just imagine!

Beaming with pride. :D

di52 Fri, Aug-01-03 05:35

:Party: Happy Birthday,dude! Great job meeting your goal! Keep up the good work -

MaryToU Fri, Aug-01-03 05:38

Wow! Congradulations, and Happy Birthday! I would get you a present, but you already got the best one! Hopefully we will all be joinig you soon!

gawdess Fri, Aug-01-03 06:19

Happy Birthday and on the 90 pound weight loss

Lori H Fri, Aug-01-03 08:18

Way to go fishfish! Absolutely great progress! Lets me know that it can be done, so thanks for sharing with us. Motivation is always welcomed. Happy birthday!
Lori

Parasite Fri, Aug-01-03 08:25

:Party: Congradulations! 90 lbs - WOW! :Party:

Keep up the great work.
Rick

hippygal Fri, Aug-01-03 08:54

Way 2 GO!!!!!!!

Jeanne Sch Fri, Aug-01-03 09:01

Hey FIshFish:
CONGRATS!!!! :thup: :thup:
Hey, pat yourself on the back man!!!!! :) :)

Wow are pure inspiration!!!! :)

My friend weighs well over 300 lbs and she is severe diabetic type II - may she find your success an inspiration as well! (she just started last week).

Marchstart Fri, Aug-01-03 09:03

WOW....WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....what an accomplishment......you should be sooo very proud of yourself.......

Maddi Fri, Aug-01-03 09:57

Congratulations! It's a real high to reach your goal isn't it? You feel like you have power. You deserve a happy birthday. Now you aren't going to celebrate by eating whatever, right? Maintenance. Yeah, let's see some pictures.