Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Salads Veggies & Side Dishes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   bacon and spinach (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=119213)

sweetwheat Mon, Jun-30-03 18:16

bacon and spinach

Has anyone fried bacon and fresh spinich together in the frying pan. One word......delicious! :p

spiderdust Mon, Jun-30-03 18:38

yummy!

frying bacon and cabbage together is also good.

sweetwheat Mon, Jun-30-03 18:52

cool-I didn't ever think about using cabbage. I will have to give it a try! :D

LadyBelle Mon, Jun-30-03 20:17

I kind of do that. I scramble my eggs and fry spinich in with it, then after putting it into the bowl I crumble my bacon into it. I like cooking bacon in the microwave because it gets really crispy and easy to crumble.

teripop Mon, Jun-30-03 20:29

Bacon is good....

Is there anything that is NOT good fried with bacon? :D Remember the "wilted lettuce" salad? My mother in law makes it. I don't know how exactly, but it involves pouring bacon grease over lettuce and onions. Maybe a little vinegar too... I thought it would not be good but I really liked the taste but felt guilty for eating it. Now I can have it! I've been on Atkins for only 6 days now, but so far so good. I haven't bothered to weigh myself and my clothes feel the same, but I did use test strips to find out that I was definitely in ketosis. I hope to see some results within 6 more days. Even if I don't see results, I will stay on the plan. I know they will eventually come...

spiderdust Tue, Jul-01-03 01:12

Quote:
Originally posted by sweetwheat
cool-I didn't ever think about using cabbage. I will have to give it a try! :D

Oh yeah! Chop up some cabbage, chop up some raw bacon, fry them together & add soy sauce. I love it!

sunspine17 Thu, Aug-14-03 12:29

Yes! I fried up some spinach in bacon grease and added bacon pieces, garlic and fetta cheese. It was OUT OF THIS WORLD! Glad to see I'm not crazy!

Auburn2932 Sat, Aug-16-03 06:07

wonderful, will give it a try! never thought of these recipes.

Jen-Ai Sat, Sep-27-03 11:21

Spinach and Bacon are two of my favorite things to eat. Thanks, Jen-Ai

texascarl Sat, Sep-27-03 19:52

cook bacon, add spinach + garlic + pine nuts, stir-fry, add a squeeze of lemon juice or splash of vinegar.

ian559 Thu, Oct-02-03 12:37

dice the bacon and cook it up real good. Add splenda to vinager. Add the vinager to the bacon and fat off the burner. This is the dressing. Slice a few eggs. In a bowl put the fresh spinach then add the eggs and toss. Add the (Hot) dressing. Its yummy this way too. I salt and pepper to taste too

Mizree Thu, Oct-02-03 12:49

My favorite pizza when I was working at a pizza/sub shop was spinach, onion, bacon, feta cheese and fresh garlic. Also, where I'm from they make a spinach pizza (cooked spinach mixed with ricotta, feta, egg, olive oil & garlic) topped with Mozzerella.

They still taste great without all the crust!

The spinach/ricotta mix is good baked all by itself and also stuffed in mushroom caps, or on a portabello. I am actually making some tonight!! Yumm

AzureMoon Wed, Nov-05-03 18:33

I found fresh spinach on sale at the grocery this evening and got some, but when I arrived home I didn't have a clue what to do with it. All of you, but especially Sunspine17 and Ian559, have given me some great ideas. Thanks bunches!

I just love this forum! Everyone always has good ideas and are a wealth of information. Thanks again.

rainbogirl Fri, Oct-07-11 17:17

saute and onion with bacon and add it to spinach. It is amazing :)

raven132 Sat, Oct-08-11 15:20

Kale wilted in bacon grease with a side of fresh tomatoes. *HEAVEN*