Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   So sad, BF is a meany! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=134591)

Meghan Tue, Sep-02-03 12:43

So sad, BF is a meany!

Sunday night BF looked at me and said, maybe you should stop cheating!
I dont cheat, well I did cheat once on the first day(one tortilla chip :nono: ) and it wasn't a real cheat because I stayed in the a lotted 20 carbs, but anyway I said what do you mean, he said you NEED to loose weight! :cry: I cried all day, he thinks it is okay for him to say that! I really am hating me right now! And thinking about leaving the a**hole!He said some other things but I dont want to get in to that right now! I was so sad I thought I was doing good! I told him we need time appart!

amy576 Tue, Sep-02-03 12:46

The nerve of him!!! It sounds like you're doing GREAT! I think you need to tell him to take a hike!

Keep up the great work!

~Amy

STALLQUEEN Tue, Sep-02-03 12:51

Meghan,

He sounds like he has no love or respect for you, or is he just tactless all the time,

Has he given you any praise at all for the weight you have lost, if not, you might want to re-evaluate you situation.

If your innthe early stages of your dating, this is the worst sign possible as he will not get better with time, they get WORSE....

Meghan Tue, Sep-02-03 13:03

We have been together for 2 years, and he never has done anything like this before, he was just so cruel!, and it really started and month ago when he was saying I dont contribute to the relationship!?! I said well maybe we should break up. and he said no I love you, I dont want to break up but I really dont think I can handle any more abuse and personal attacks!

asalvato Tue, Sep-02-03 13:15

Rethink this relationship. You should and need to love yourself and like yourself. You don't have to live with others but you do have to live with yourself. What you weigh is not truly important. Granted being overweight can cause health problems and for that reason losing is a good thing. But losing weight is not going to change anything else. You can feel good about youself at any size, you can be loved at any size, you can accomplish whatever you want to accomplish at any size. People think they will lose weight and everything will be different--not true. The people who truly love us do not qualify that love and suggest that we must "do something" to be loved.

If the problems just started and you just started losing weight, any chance he is feeling threatened by your weight loss? Sounds stupid but some folks cannot deal with their significant other resolving a problem (weight, alcohol or drug abuse) and they become difficult.

If in 2 years he has really been OK, maybe you need counseling to discover what the real problem is--it isn't what you eat.

Rachelle Tue, Sep-02-03 13:27

You know hun... no guy has the right to make you feel like crying all day long... occasionally they will... but if it was said intentionally then the guy is not worth your time....

You are doing great... and you should be treated like you are doing great... Tell him to shut up... and support you...
If he doesn't then leave him.

Paleoanth Tue, Sep-02-03 14:14

I say kick him to the curb. As you pointed out-this is emotional abuse. You are young, you are gaining control of your weight and you can do much better.

Hilary M Tue, Sep-02-03 14:53

Honey, with all the weight you're losing and your fabulous personality, it sounds like you can do SO much better. Don't take that crap from anybody -- when someone you love tells you (out of concern for your health) that you might want to lose weight, that's one thing. It's totally different when a significant other hatefully says "You need to lose weight." You're better off without him. If you don't believe me, ask Dr. Phil! Ha!

Wenzday Tue, Sep-02-03 15:01

sooooo..lose your weight...then lose him! :)

skibunnie Tue, Sep-02-03 17:38

YOU need to dump his ass! You need to be with someone who reminds you constantly how beautiful you are. Men suck! grrrrr

sharann Tue, Sep-02-03 18:18

Men DON'T suck. Stupid, evil, abusive men (and WOMEN) suck. He will always find something wrong with you if you let him. Just say GO!

Angel66668 Tue, Sep-02-03 18:31

Kick him to the curb, Don't take ~#$% from no one!

SandmanDX Tue, Sep-02-03 19:03

A jerk of that magnitude doesn't deserve to get to know the new, slimmer you. Drop the dork!

BelmontLil Tue, Sep-02-03 19:43

Lose weight for yourself. No one else.

Anyone who makes you cry with cruelty is not worthy of your love.

ketodiva Tue, Sep-02-03 20:39

I say drop a lot of pounds real quick--Him. No one deserves any kind of abuse. Verbal and emotional abuse is just as harmful as sexual or physical. Love yourself. The rest is the easy part.