Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Shaping up for life!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=49417)

alice 2002 Wed, Jul-03-02 11:41

Shaping up for life!!

THis is the start of my gym logs. Actually for all my exercise...I was told this would be a great place to keep track. So here goes

July 2 2002

1 Hour of water arobics!! I pushed hard, and felt it. Today though my body feels tired, and so far it is an effort to do my job. That I am sure will pass.

fern2340 Wed, Jul-03-02 13:04

Alice-
I am glad you started a gym log! I look forward to reading about your progress!

Linda

AngelaR Thu, Jul-04-02 04:12

Alice,
Good for you for starting a gym log!!!! You're going to love going back over your progress as time goes by.

You're one smart lady to start exercising near the start of your LC life. I wish now I had started earlier.

Soon you will feel so energized from working out, that nothing will be able to stop you. Have fun. Good luck!!!

alice 2002 Thu, Jul-04-02 16:46

Thanks Linda and AngelaR for the encouragement. I need all I can get.

alice 2002 Thu, Jul-04-02 19:38

Okay, tonight I did, 1/2 hour on recumbant cycle...then three reps of 10 each of leg curl, butterfly, pulldowns, pushouts and arm curls. with 10 pound weight.

I am not sure what each one is called exactly...but it felt like a good workout.

Kristine Fri, Jul-05-02 09:09

:cheer: Keep it up. :) Hope you're enjoying it!

alice 2002 Sun, Jul-07-02 08:40

Thanks Kristine for the encouraging words!!! I am enjoying exercise, more than I thought.

Did recumbant cycle again, and weights same as the other day.

I am actually waiting for my copy of Body For Life to come in the mail. I am logged in on the BFL web site, but since I need to actually see what the exercise is, it is difficult to haul my computer down to the exercise room. I hope the book comes soon.

alice 2002 Mon, Jul-08-02 08:36

Exercises the same as yesterday...getting boring. Hurry up and get her BFL book!!!!

alice 2002 Tue, Jul-09-02 21:58

Good and tired.That is how I feel, did aquafit tonight. Good work out. I really felt my muscles working. Going again on Thursday night. Its one hour long, and the instructor really works you.

alice 2002 Thu, Jul-11-02 19:14

Did nothing last night...... I had gone for massage and the darn massuese put my hip out. Arg. A long cool water bath..and some muscle relaxants did me in for the rest of the night. Too hot of a day for a hot bath.

Tonight 1 hour of aquafit...then an evening of reading. Finally got my Body For Life Book. I can hardly wait to read it.

alice 2002 Sun, Jul-14-02 16:50

WOw, read the body for life book..and its terrific. I have the weights, but I needed a bench. Found one cheap and picked it up yesterday. Now I will begin on Monday. I want to photocopy the work sheets and make sure all my weights are close by.

I am so excited!!!

alice 2002 Tue, Jul-16-02 14:15

Yesterday was my first day lifting weights, wow.

Upper body. Charted it down and found that I am first off slow, and second, not very strong. Couldn't lift very much or do all the reps, but I really pushed. Hey its a start.

Tonight is cardio, and tommorrow is lower body.

It makes me feel great doing the exercise.

I hope I can do this. I so want to be toned and fatless!!!

alice 2002 Wed, Jul-17-02 16:35

Cardio was water arobics... but (wondering out loud) if I should also do the recommended in the book cardio as well.
If any one is reading this, what do you think?

Tonight I do lower body weights.

I love this exercise stuff. Wonder why I never stuck with it before ;) :wave:

alice 2002 Sat, Jul-20-02 08:37

Did water arobics Thursday night, then friday night Upper body weights. I really pushed myself this time and when I was finished I was very sick to my stomach. I had some water and layed down for a few minutes. Today is cardio, the BFL way...as there isn't any aquafit again until Tuesday.

alice 2002 Sun, Jul-21-02 21:41

Saturday did recumbant cycle BFL way. Today was my day off. Though I did go downstairs to do some exercise then realized that if I want to follow BFL I need to take this day off.

Never thought I would want to exercise every single day!!! Very unusual for me!!